Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Management

Holy Shit!
Wow!
OMG!
So I am with the family the other day, out for some shopping and we gander into "The Sports Authority". My mom was looking at some clothes and nearby are some cleveland irons. I pick one up and give it a half ass chip shot commenting on how I need to get out and play some rounds. I feel this guy staring my life down as I hold this club and feel the look of death. Holy fuck, this asshole looks like he wants to kill me. It was an employee of this store. So I continue to diddle with the club as I can clearly see it is agitating the guy and I am really doing nothing wrong, just getting a feel for the merchandise. This guys PISS is boiling by the time I put the club down.

I walk around the store a little more and experience the hectic nature of the holiday season. People are running around like child molesters at a Hannah Montana concert. Working my way around the store I head back to the vast golf section of the Sports Authority.

I start looking at all of the putters and hitting balls when all of a sudden I hear this lunatic yelling. I am like oh shit, there is going to be a shoot out or something and start to get my bearings. Oh my gosh, who is it? The same prick that was eying me 10 minutes earlier. He is badgering his employees and is apparently a manager.
**This is going to be in all CAPS to emphasize how harshly this asshole was yelling**

"JERRY!! JERRY!!...GET A RED BAG AND GREET. JERRY, DROP THE BOX, DROP IT NOW, GET A RED BAG, STAND UP FRONT AND GREET PEOPLE COM....JERRY, DROP IT, GET A BAG, GRAB THAT BAG AND STAND IN THE FRONT OF THE FRIGGEN STORE"

**Gets on the phone to page "Jerry" at his desk**

"I AM TELLING YOU TO GET A FUCKING BAG AND STAND UP FRONT"

Literally this guy is yelling 40 yards across the store in front of hundreds of customers

He walks towards this Jerry guy and then stomps back to his post phone all pissed of "I WAS Fucking telling you Jerry, dammit"

Gets on the phone again and starts talking, and is apparently is getting cut off and slams the phone down.

This was literally the most exhausting and rediculous display of management I have ever seen in my entire life. I learned a lot about what how to not manage from my day at the Sports Authority. I wish everyone could have seen this event and learned from it. Badgering and belittling employees in front of hundreds of people is not the way to get things done for you store and is not a way to get people in the mood to sell stuff to boost your stores profit margin.

No comments:

Post a Comment